Well, this was a good week. Thursday was Zone Conference and then Saturday/Sunday we went up to Gordon to invite the youth to the YMTC.
During the other days of the week we were able to see quite a few people.
The highlight would again be Tony Favela and Adrianna Salway. During Zone Conference I recorded an impression to ask them whether they had individually prayed to know that God lived. On Friday, we asked that question and the response was enlightening. The question alone opened their hearts as well as their minds and brought the Spirit suddenly and with power. We discussed their experiences with prayer, testifying that God does indeed know the answer to our prayers, that He does hear every one, and that each thought, whether spoken aloud or in the mind, is personally attended to by our loving Heavenly Father. We may not receive answers immediately, or they may come contrary to how we expect or desire, but they do come. We then discussed the Vision of the Tree of Life by Lehi. We read, and then explained, and finally expounded the scriptures. As we continually sought their involvement and asked both simple and thought-provoking questions, the Spirit continued to bear witness of the truth. It was a powerful testament to the impact of questions. Not merely quizzing a person on what they've heard, but questions that invite active participation and personal application. When we re-committed them to pray and read the Book of Mormon, it was not a half-hearted acceptance, but a resolute determination to seek a personal knowledge of God.
The trip to Gordon was nice, and we were actually able to accomplish quite a bit. We produced the invitations for the youth in the branch, and that numbered over a dozen individuals, at least half of which are relatively active. We also discussed with the Branch President and Mission Leader the situation for the missionary work in Chadron and Gordon. They were very understanding and we actually happy that the efforts would be focused upon individual missionary efforts of the members of the branch. They are very supportive and are willing to help in whatever way possible to motivate the members to share the gospel, in the current absence of missionaries as well as when they some day return.
My last Zone Conference was very good. I was actually quite grateful that the zone leaders called and asked me to play the piano for it. Then, while playing some pre-lude music, they asked if I would do a musical number as well. So I asked the four sister missionaries if they would sing an arrangement of I Know That My Redeemer Lives with me accompanying. (I think that piano solos are fine, but that the impact of words is too great to be left out of such a hymn.) Well, then Sister Layton asked me to play "A Child's Prayer" for part of her training. This was another song that I had actually been practicing recently for a musical number in the Branch! So I was pleased to have one more opportunity to provide a service for my fellow missionaries. I had been regretting telling zone leaders no in the past, but had the chance to repent of all that.
Love,
Elder Callor
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment